Home Contact Us Search
Forms & Publications

Obtaining Crude Oil and Natural Gas Production History Information

Production history consists of crude oil and natural gas production volumes reported to the Oklahoma Tax Commission for Gross Production Tax purposes. Production volumes are made available on a lease basis using the OTC assigned Production Unit Number. Information is only available from July 1990 forward. Any individual may request this production history by performing the following steps.

3 easy steps:


Obtaining Gross Production Tax History Available to Lease Interest Owners

Gross Production Tax history is available to royalty and working interest owners who verify their ownership or position in a specific lease. Gross Production Tax history consists of crude oil and/or natural gas volumes, values and Gross Production Tax Paid on a lease basis. Such information is referenced using the OTC assigned Production Unit Number.

Complete the 3 step process above. In addition to providing the completed Production History Request Form a completed Interest Owner Affidavit should also be attached to the e-mail when making the request for information.

The affidavit must include:

  • Lease and Well Identification
  • Signature of the Interest Owner and be notarized

A copy of the completed affidavit is acceptable. It should be scanned and attached in PDF to the e-mail. If you do not have scanning capabilities, the completed affidavit can be faxed to (405) 521-2577.

The affidavit can be obtained at the following link 

Indicate “Interest Owner Request” in the subject line of your e-mail. Once we have received notice of your fee payment and the request documents we will complete your request and e-mail the information back to you.

If you need assistance in determining the correct PUN for the lease you are requesting, our web site has a PUN search available anytime at 
 https://www2.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php  .
The PUN can be searched by county or legal description.

Please contact the Oil and Gas Section at (405)-521-3674 if you have any questions or need assistance with completing your information request.

Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How Do I...
General Agency Information

Copyright © 2015, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 1/26/2015